Who is Eligible?
To receive student federal financial aid, a student must meet several general requirements. Many of these requirements also apply to other sources of aid.
1. Be enrolled in a certificate or diploma program.
2. Have a high school diploma or high school equivalency certificate (GED).
3. Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
4. Not be in default on a federal student loan, or owe a refund on a federal student
grant or have made satisfactory arrangements to repay.
5. Not have borrowed more than the loan limits allowed under the various programs.
6. Be making satisfactory academic progress.
7. Student must reapply for financial assistance each academic year as aid is not
8. Students should apply well ahead of the deadlines.
*NOTE: The Emergency Medical Technician, Nursing Assistant, and Tractor Trailer Driving programs are not Pell eligible.
The amount of financial aid a student will be eligible to receive is determined by financial need, the difference between the cost of attendance at CRTI and the expected family contribution (EFC).