Financial Aid

Who is Eligible?

To receive student federal financial aid, a student must meet several general requirements.   Many of these requirements also apply to other sources of aid.

1.   Be enrolled in a certificate or diploma program.
2.   Have a high school diploma or high school equivalency certificate (GED).
3.   Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
4.   Not be in default on a federal student loan, or owe a refund on a federal student grant or have made satisfactory arrangements to
5.   Not have borrowed more than the loan limits allowed under the various programs.
6.   Be making satisfactory academic progress.
7.   Student must reapply for financial assistance each academic year as aid is not automatically renewed.
8.   Students should apply well ahead of the deadlines.

The following programs are not Pell eligible:

Tractor Trailer Driving

Although the above mentioned programs do not qualify for Pell, there may be other forms of assistance for those who are interested in enrolling in these programs.

Please contact Shelly Laird at 870.633.5411 ext. 140 or by email  for more information.

Financial Need

The amount of financial aid a student will be eligible to receive is determined by financial need, the difference between the cost of attendance at CRTI and the expected family contribution (EFC).

Application Process

Applicants may file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on the Web at to apply and establish eligibility for student financial aid.   The FAFSA is available from high school guidance offices and CRTI beginning in January.   A school code is required to complete the application process; CRTI's school code is 013583.

The online FAFSA is free, fast, and secure.   If a student does not have a PIN, he/she should go to to apply for one.   A PIN will be needed to electronically sign the FAFSA.   (Dependent students should also have one parent apply for a PIN to electronically sign the student's FAFSA).

The following suggestions will be helpful in completing the application process:

1.  To be eligible for federal financial aid, you must be a high school graduate or have a high school equivalency diploma (GED).
2.  Complete the FAFSA. Read the instructions carefully. Incorrectly answered questions can delay processing.
3.  To complete the FAFSA application, you will need certain documents and statements, including last year's federal income tax return
     for you, your spouse, and, if dependent, your parents and records of income not reported on the federal income tax return.  (The
     application includes instructions for applicants who do not or will not file federal income tax returns).
4.  Enter the Title IV Code (013583) and Crowley's Ridge Technical Institute, PO Box 925, Forrest City, AR 72336 as the first choice on the
5.  Complete the application as soon after January 1st as possible.
6.  Keep a copy of all forms and documents used to complete the application. You may need to provide a copy to the CRTI Financial Aid
7.  Once the information and all required verification documents are received by CRTI's Financial Aid Office, you will receive notification
      of eligibility.

Receiving Financial Aid

Institutional payment for tuition, fees, books, and other charges will be recovered in full from a student's financial aid prior to the release of funds to the individual.   Remaining financial aid funds will be processed and released to assist the student in paying for other related educational expenses.   If the aid is less than the charges, the student will be expected to pay the difference.

For more information concerning financial aid, call (870) 633-5411 or 1-800-842-2317 Monday - Friday between 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.; email the financial aid officer; or mail a request to

Crowley's Ridge Technical Institute
ATTN: Financial Aid Office
PO Box 925
Forrest City, AR 72336-0925.

Net Price Calculator


Net price estimates are not final, not binding, and may change.   Each student or prospective student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be eligible for and receive federal student aid funds.  Click here to access the FAFSA Website.

Financial Aid Programs