TRACTOR TRAILER DRIVING
Anyone interested in the Tractor Trailer Driving Program must complete the following:
1. Must have a valid State of Arkansas Driver's License and be at least 21 years of age to qualify for a CDL that allows interstate travel; or 18 years of age for in-state travel only.
3. A completed enrollment application.
2. All applicants must have a high school diploma or GED. High school transcripts or GED scores must be submitted prior to interview date.
4. Assessment: Each prospective student must take a standardized assessment test. The assessment test requires a minimum score of 75 in reading, sentence structure, and math on one complete test. A score below 75 in any category will invalidate all scores. Prospective students are ranked by their assessment test score averages for interview and selection purposes.
5. A background check will be conducted prior to acceptance into the program. When testing for entry to the program, the background check form must be completed and the non-refundable $50 fee paid.
6. A signed Driver's License Release form is required. The Motor Vehicle report must indicate no previous DWI, DUI, or reckless driving for the past three (3) years. No more than two (2) preventable accidents or three (3) minor traffic violations in the past three (3) years.
7. A personal interview with the prospective student will be made to determine previous employment skills and what he or she hopes to accomplish upon completion of this course.
8. A check of employment history for the past ten (10) years, with emphasis on the past five (5) years.
9. A drug screening is required and must check negative prior to acceptance into the program. The non-refundable $50 fee must be paid at the time of testing.
10. Must have Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination 649-F (6045) with the Medical Examiner's Certificate signed and completed by a qualified physician.
11. Instruction related to requirements for CDL test for Class A license. Requires the ability to drive a straight transmission truck. This class is limited to eight (8) students.
12. If the applicant has met all of the requirements and is approved, he or she will then be admitted to the next available class on a first come basis.
13. Applicant must have Certified U.S. birth Certificate prior to enrollment.